While there are hundreds of varieties of Tea available, we’ll cover popular ones in depth and explain side effects and positive effects of each one. As per our motto, we’ll share all the scientific research and validity of the claims made by the majority of the health-related websites.
Types of Tea
1. Green Tea health benefits and side effects – it’s mainly derived from plant Camellia Sinensis. It is basically unfermented that is not exposed to air and additives C. Sinensis leaves.
2. Black Tea health benefits and side effects – Fully fermented leaves of Camellia Sinensis gives the characteristic black color of black tea.
3. Yellow Tea health benefits and side effects – This is also produced from Camellia Sinensis leaves. The color of this tea is mainly because of the water-soluble flavonols.
4. White Tea health benefits and side effect – The color of this tea is mainly because of the low fermentation of leaves of C. sinensis.
5. Oolong Tea health benefits and side effects – This is also manufactured from Camellia Sinensis leaves. It is a semi-fermented or partially fermented leaf.
6. Red Tea (Rooibos Tea) health benefits and side effects – This special tea is derived from plant Aspalathus linearis. It is naturally caffeine free and high antioxidant content tea, therefore, making it a good choice for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
7. Ph-erh Tea: Pu-erh tea is a microbially fermented tea derived from dried leaves of large-leaf tea species (Camellia sinensis (Linn.) originated in the Yunnan province of China.
8. GABA Tea health benefits and side effects : GABA is an amino acid which acts as an anti-stress and an anti-anxiety component with a calming and relaxing effect. GABA accumulates in green, oolong, and black teas under anaerobic(Oxygen Free) conditions.
9. Chaga Mushroom Tea health benefits and side effects – As the name itself says mushroom tea is the type of teas which are extracted from different mushrooms like Reishi Mushroom, Kombucha, and Chaga mushrooms.
10. Herbal Tea health benefits and side effects – These are tea derived from fruits, other herbs, and spices. It doesn’t contain any caffeine like other tea.