Foodthesis.com is an attempt to publish correct and unbiased information related to food, health, healthy living, herbs, and traditional medicines. All our articles are based on authentic research done by many scientists and researchers. We publish articles that represent correct information in simplified English. Foodthesis.com is currently maintained by Dr. Asha Jyoti Bharati and she has an extensive research background in biotechnology.
Dr. Asha Jyoti Bharati has done PhD in Bio-Technology and currently consulting plant Tissue culture labs in India. Dr. Asha’s key areas of interest are plant tissue culture, medicinal plant, plant biology, plant genetics, secondary metabolites, and plant biochemistry. To date, Dr. Asha Jyoti Bharati has published over 12 search papers and 4 chapters in the leading journals across the world.
List of Publications
- Bansal, S. Bharati, A. J., and Bansal, Y. K. (2013). Efficient in vitro Regeneration of a Medicinal Plant Harsinghar (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis). Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology, 22(2): 137-142.
- Bansal, S., Bharati, A. J., and Bansal, Y. K. (2013) Isolation and identification of flavonoid from in vitro and naturally grown Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (Harsingar) -a medicinally important plant. Research In Plant Biology, 3(6): 17-22.
- Bansal, S. Bharati, A. J., and Bansal, Y. K. (2013). In vitro Callogenesis and Phytochemical Screening of Harsingar (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis) a Multipotent Medicinal Tree. International Journal of Pharm Tech Research, 5(4): 1786-1793.
- Bharati, A. J. and Bansal Y. K. (2013). Elephant creeper (Argyreia nervosa Burm F.): An important hallucinogenic plant with immense medicinal potential. Int PharmaceuticaScientia3(3): 50-54.
- Bharati, A. J. and Bansal Y. K. (2014). In vitro production of flavonoids: a review. World Jour Pharmacy Pharmaceut Sci. 3 (6): 508-533.
- Bharati, A. J., and Bansal Y. K. (2014). Phytochemical investigation on nature grown and in vitro raised plants of Vriddhadaaruka (Argyreia nervosa). Ancient Science of Life 34(2): 80-84.
- Bharati, A. J., and Bansal Y. K. (2015). In vitro propagation and GC-MS study of Argyreia nervosa f.: An endangered ornamental and medicinal plant (Communicated).
- Bharati, A. J. and Bansal Y. K. (2015). In vitro propagation, effect of additives, and profiling of flavonoids in Argyreia nervosa an endangered medicinal plant by HPLC–ESI-Q-TOF MS (Communicated).
- Bansal, S. Bharati, A. J., and Bansal, Y. K. (2015). In vitro propagation of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis and profiling of flavonoids by HPLC–ESI-Q-TOF MS (Communicated).
Chapter contributed to Books
- Bharati, A. J., Bansal, S., and Bansal, Y. K. (2013). Efficient Multiple Shoot Regeneration in Medicinal Tree Harsinghar (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis). In: Sustainable Biodiversity Conservation in the Landscape (Eds. O.P. Chaubey and R Prakash). pp: 171-177.
- Bansal, Y. K. and Bharati, A. J. Selective protocols for in vitro propagation and secondary metabolite production Springer, The Netherlands entitled “Biotechnological strategies for the conservation of medicinal and ornamental climbers” (In Press).
- Bansal, Y. K. and Bharati, A. J. (2010). In vitro regeneration of Harsinghar (Nyctanthes arbor-tris-tis Linn.)- An important medicinal plant. In: National Seminar on Current Advances in Bioscience: Application in Health, Environment, and Agriculture, Deptt. Of Botany, Hitkarini Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jabalpur. 69, p.
- Bharati, A. J., Bansal, Shikha and Bansal, Y. K. (2012). Efficient Multiple Shoot Regeneration in Medicinal Tree Harsinghar (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn.) in vitro. In: National seminar on Strategy for restoration of forest bio-diversity of natural forests and plantations at State Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur. 57, p.
- Bharati, A. J., and Bansal, Y. K. (2013). Identification of Flavonoids “Quercetin” from in vitro cultures of Nyctanthes arbor-tristisLinn. In: National seminar on Frontiers in modern biology: from discovery to applications. St. Aloysius College, Jabalpur. 94-95, p.
- Bharati, A. J. & Bansal, S. (2013). Effect of cytokinins on multiple shoot induction in Nyctanthes arbor-tristis. 100th Indian Science Congress, Kolkata.
- Bharati, A. J. (2013). The effect of cytokinins types and their concentration on in vitro multiplication of Harsinghar (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn.). 28th M.P. Young Scientist Congress by MP Biotechnology Council, Bhopal. 119,p.
- Bharati, A. J. (2012). Multiple shoot regeneration in medicinal tree Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn. 35th All India Botanical Conference at M.S. University Baroda, Vadodara (Gujarat). 210, p.
Dr. Sapna Baghel has a PhD degree in biotechnology specialization in medicinal plants, biodiesel, and genetic analysis. She had 6 published research papers in renowned journals.