While there are hundreds of varieties of tea available in the market. All the different teas have their own health benefits and side effects. We’ll cover popular ones in-depth and explain the side effects and positive effects of each one. As per our motto, we’ll share all the scientific research and validity of the claims made by the majority of health-related websites. Therefore following are the 10 most popular Tea and their benefits.
The most popular tea with health benefits
1. Green Tea health benefits and side effects – it’s mainly derived from the plant Camellia Sinensis. It is basically unfermented and is not exposed to air and additives C. Sinensis leaves.
2. Black Tea health benefits and side effects – Fully fermented leaves of Camellia Sinensis give the characteristic black color of black tea.
3. Yellow Tea health benefits and side effects – This is also produced from Camellia Sinensis leaves. The color of this tea is mainly because of the water-soluble flavonols.
4. White Tea health benefits and side effects – The color of this tea is mainly because of the low fermentation of leaves of C. sinensis.
5. Oolong Tea health benefits and side effects – This is also manufactured from Camellia Sinensis leaves. It is a semi-fermented or partially fermented leaf.
6. Red Tea (Rooibos Tea) health benefits and side effects – This special tea is derived from the plant Aspalathus linearis. It is naturally caffeine-free and has high antioxidant content in tea, therefore, making it a good choice for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
7. Ph-erh Tea: Pu-erh tea is a microbially fermented tea derived from dried leaves of large-leaf tea species (Camellia sinensis (Linn.) originated in the Yunnan province of China.
8. GABA Tea health benefits and side effects: GABA is an amino acid that acts as an anti-stress and anti-anxiety component with a calming and relaxing effect. GABA accumulates in green, oolong, and black teas under anaerobic(Oxygen Free) conditions.
9. Chaga Mushroom Tea health benefits and side effects – As the name itself says mushroom tea is a type of tea which are extracted from different mushrooms like Reishi Mushroom, Kombucha, and Chaga mushrooms.
10. Herbal Tea health benefits and side effects – These are tea derived from fruits, other herbs, and spices. It doesn’t contain any caffeine like other tea.