The heart is an important organ of all the organs in the human body. Without a heart, life is not possible. The human heart is located in the thoracic cavity between the lungs. The main function of the heart is to carry blood through the veins and arteries of the human body. When the heart of the human body becomes blocked for some reason or the blood vessels become narrow, various diseases occur. Heart attack and cardiac arrest are two such diseases of the heart. Heart attack and cardiac arrest are both fatal diseases. Many people think that these two diseases are the same but the two diseases are completely different from each other. These two diseases Heart attack vs cardiac arrest are discussed below.
The heart carries blood throughout the body. The heart has two small arteries called coronary arteries. Cholesterol builds up in these coronary arteries, causing a blockage in the coronary arteries. As a result, the blood flows to the arteries stop, and then a heart attack occurs. Another name for heart attack is myocardial infarction. A heart attack is a common problem in today’s world. Today’s most people die of heart attacks. The heart supplies blood to the whole body by breathing about 72 times per minute. A heart attack is a feeling of severe pain in the chest and this pain can last for about 20 to 30 minutes (3).
Causes of heart attack
According to the world health organization, most deaths worldwide are due to heart attacks. This mortality rate is not limited to heart patients. People of different ages can be affected by these heart diseases. Generally, people with high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, etc. are more likely to have a heart attack. But there is no specific age limit. The causes of heart attack are
1. Excessive stress or restlessness can lead to a heart attack.
2. Heart attack can be caused by diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, hyperlipidemia, etc.
3. Eating fewer vegetables and fiber can cause heart attacks.
4. This disease can be caused by eating too much oil, spices, and fatty foods every day.
5. Lack of physical exertion makes the body obese. Obesity is a cause of heart attack.
Symptoms of heart attack
There are several symptoms before a heart attack. The symptoms of heart attack are
1. The first and main symptom of a heart attack is chest pain. Pain is felt in the middle and left side of the chest and gradually increases in intensity. This pain is felt continuously or intermittently for a while.
2. There is difficulty in breathing. Chest pain as well as difficulty breathing.
3. Acute pain is felt in the upper part of the body (from above the navel), jaw, arms, and neck during a heart attack.
4. This disease can cause dizziness, nausea, and indigestion.
5. Constant sweating even in winter, blurred vision, loss of body balance, etc. are noticeable in a heart attack.
6. If a heart attack occurs, the patient may become unconscious (3).
When does a heart attack occur?
There is no certain time for a heart attack. For example, it may occur in sleep at night, rest time, heavy physical work, and mental anxiety. In 80% of cases, a heart attack occurs during sleep and the patient dies. A heart attack can happen at any time.
How does a heart attack occur?
The heart is one of the most important organs in the human body. It has been working continuously from birth to death. Its main function is to supply blood to every organ of the body. But weighing only 310 gm, this organ needs its own energy to work properly. This energy comes through oxygen-rich blood flow. The heart supplies this blood to itself through the coronary arteries. When this blood supply is cut off for any reason, a heart attack occurs. At first, blood clots form in the coronary arteries, and blocks are formed. Then the blood flow to some important muscles of the heart stops. As a result, they may become useless. The circulatory system does not stop suddenly. Symptoms of a person’s heart attack can appear a few days to a few weeks in advance.
Ways to prevent heart attack
Here are some ways to prevent heart attacks.
1. Avoid eating fatty foods.
2. Check the cholesterol level.
3. Try to stay free from mental fatigue or anxiety.
4. Obesity must be controlled.
5. Blood pressure should be controlled through regular blood pressure measurements.
6. Vegetables, fruits should be eaten more.
7. Regular walking, running or any physical activity is required.
Cardiac arrest is a complex disease of the heart. It refers to a condition in which the heart can no longer circulate blood to various parts of the body. At this time the heart stops beating completely. When the heart stops beating, oxygen no longer reaches the various parts of the human body. Even oxygen cannot reach the brain. In such a condition a person may suffer from shortness of breath and may even die unconscious. Cardiac arrest occurs when the heart suddenly stops functioning normally. Many times cardiac arrest is due to a heart attack. Cardiac arrest can lead to cardiac death if not treated immediately (1).
Symptoms of cardiac arrest
There are some symptoms that appear before cardiac arrest. The symptoms of cardiac arrest are more obvious and dangerous.
1. The first and main symptom of a cardiac arrest is chest throbbing.
2. The person suffering from this disease has sharp chest pain.
3. There is difficulty in breathing.
4. There is a feeling of cramps or spasms in the leg muscles.
5. This disease has symptoms like weakness, chest tightness, fatigue, etc.
6. Shortness of breath and irregular heartbeat can be observed in people with cardiac arrest.
7. If a cardiac arrest occurs, the patient may become fainting (1).
Causes of cardiac arrest
1. The most common cause of cardiac arrest is ventricular fibrillation. This condition occurs when high levels of fibrinogen are found in the blood. Due to this, the blood circulation in the heart stops.
2. This disease occurs when the heart muscle is damaged for any reason.
3. Taking excessive heart medication can lead to cardiac arrest.
4. Persons suffering from diabetes, hypertension, etc are more prone to cardiac arrest.
5. Many times high cholesterol in the body can cause cardiac arrest.
6. Healthy people do not have cardiac arrest.
7.Trauma, mental stress, etc.
8. Cardiac arrests due to excessive drinking and irregular living.
9. It can also occur by coronary artery diseases, heart attack, and excessive physical stress, lack of oxygen, excessive bleeding, excessive and irregular physical exercise (1).
Ways to prevent cardiac arrest
There are also some ways to prevent cardiac arrest these are
- By controlling weight.
2. Regular heart check-ups by a doctor.
3. Healthy living.
4. Regular exercise is important but not extra.
5. Smoking, drinking, etc. should be refrained from.
6. Control weight and no cholesterol accumulation.
7. To prevent these diseases, it is necessary to eat more vegetables and fiber foods. Oil and spicy foods should be reduced from the daily diet (1).
Difference between heart attack and cardiac arrest or Heart attack vs cardiac arrest
Heart attack vs cardiac arrest is two of the most widely used terms in medicine. There is a similarity between these two words. People who have little or no knowledge of medical science think that these two diseases are the same. Although these two diseases are related to the heart, they are slightly different from each other. The differences between heart attack vs cardiac arrest are described below.
|1. Meaning||When a blockage is formed in the coronary artery of the heart, the blood circulation there gradually stops. This condition is called a heart attack.||It refers to a condition in which the heart stops breathing completely. This is due to sudden disturbance in the heart and as a result, the heartbeat starts to become irregular.|
|2. Action of heart||The heart does not stop breathing completely during a heart attack. Rather it tends to work. Here the heart is active.||The heart stops breathing completely during a cardiac arrest. Here the heart is not active.|
|3. Heartbeat||The heartbeat of a person with a heart attack does not stop.||The heartbeat of a person with cardiac arrest stops.|
|4. Time of occurrence||If the coronary arteries of the heart become obstructed for any reason, then a heart attack occurs.||Cardiac arrest occurs if for some reason the heart suddenly stops beating.|
|5. Process||Coronary arteries become blocked due to excessive cholesterol buildup. Clotting of blood in the arteries. Blocking the flow of blood through the heart muscle. Thus a person has a heart attack.||Ventricular fibrillation, blood clots in the lungs, drug overdose, etc. often causes the heart to stop beating. At this time the oxygen no longer reaches the various parts of the human body, not even in the brain. This causes the heartbeat to stop. Thus cardiac arrest occurs.|
|6. Causes||Diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, hyperlipidemia, etc. are often the cause of heart attacks.|
|Heart attacks are often the cause of cardiac arrest.|
|7. Affected people||People who are accustomed to an unhealthy diet, less physical activity, and those who drink and smoke excessively can have a heart attack.||People who are overweight, who exercise irregularly and excessively, who eat more fatty and oily food, often suffer from cardiac arrest.|
|8. Symptoms||These are the symptoms of a heart attack|
1. The major symptom of a heart attack is chest pain.
2. Can cause dizziness, nausea, and indigestion.
3. There is difficulty breathing in a heart attack.
4. Pain is felt in the left shoulder, arms, neck, jaw, etc. during a heart attack.
|Symptoms that appear before cardiac arrest|
1. The main symptom of a cardiac arrest is chest throbbing.
2. Feeling a sharp pain in the chest.
3. Shortness of breath and irregular heartbeat can be noticeable in these diseases.
4. When cardiac arrest occurs, the patient may become fainting.
Weakness, chest tightness, fatigue, etc. are noticeable in these diseases